Importance and Benefits of Music
(Responses from Students in Mitchell , SD )
How do you use music on a daily basis?
- Besides being in band and choir, the kids:
- Listen to the radio
- Sing in the shower
- Hear music playing in their homes
- Use it in the morning to wake up and clear their heads
- Use it for relaxation and concentration
- During Exercise
- Play the guitar
What emotional and spiritual benefits have you received from music?
- After the death of my grandpa, my uncle wrote a song in remembrance of him and every time I hear the song, I think of my grandpa I lost.
- There is an uplifting song I've listened to since my parents divorced.
- Praising the Lord.
- When I am sad I will find a good song and play it over and over again.
- I use music to keep going, when I want to give up.
- Some songs remind me of my dead uncle.
- Music helps me to feel like other people know what it is like to be in my position as a teenager.
- I found a song the other day that made me cry. It made me think back to the great times * I had with a cousin that passed away in the war.
- I was riding with my dad in the car and a song came on that reminded my dad of his dad that died, and he started to cry, and then I started to cry.
- Music relaxes my spirit and puts me in a better mood.
What benefits have you seen in your life by being involved in music?
- Enjoyment / JOY
- Connect with the songs, and it is touching
- Read Notes
- College Scholarship
- It gave me Rhythm
- Develops vocal chords
- Understand the world better
- Better Dancer
- Not being embarrassed in front of others
- Better at math
- Encourages me that I can do, what I want to